Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I had an Idea....

Yesterday while I was at work I was on pinterest and I saw a pin about starting running. I re-pinned it and then that made me think, "ya know I REALLY need to get going on working out." Well from there my mind wandered to the blog that a friend of mine did about her journey with going through the adoption process and I wondered, if I did a blog about loosing weight would people read it? Would people contribute support or ideas on things to do, things like that? Would it really even help me?

I made a post on facebook about starting this little project and how I'd like some help and I got a LOT of responses. Thank you to everyone who said they'd read this, and to C and T for saying you'd be my work out buddy. It really got me thinking that I can and need to do this.

All the way home from work I had all sorts of ideas to start writing about. Questions I had, thoughts and concerns about this journey I am about to undertake. Now, granted I know that I just had a baby 3 months ago. I had 9 months to get all this extra weight on and I should get over thinking it's going to come off quickly. I also need to stop looking at other family and friends who have also just had kids and look AMAZING. Just like with pregnancy, everyone is different I can only expect results for myself with what I put into changing my appearance.

Now I can't remember exactly all the things I wanted to write about as I started this, I'm sure on my way home tonight some more might come to me, we'll see. But for now I am just letting my mind wander and typing as quickly as my mind will allow my fingers to go. So if this is all over the place you'll understand why.

OK, to start off, I am going to tell you right here and now I am not very good at grammar, and I'm definitely not a good speller. Thank heavens for spell check, but at times you might see run on sentences, or misspelled words that although I try spell checker it still doesn't look right to me. Bare with me, it's more the message, the purpose behind this than the words of it.

I am hoping I can allow myself to let my guard down and be open and honest about everything that I am doing. I'm still wonder if I should be open enough to share what my weight really is, because to be honest I am really ashamed of it. I use to be perfect body size and I honestly don't know how I got there, but I let it go rather than taking care of myself. Especially after I got married and I got comfortable with John.

So for now, what I plan on doing is posting a picture of me now, and a picture of me in the past that I would like to work towards. In working towards this goal, I have set a weight I would like to be, but more than that I would like to fit into a certain size of pant and not look like I have a huge muffin top. So as long as I have a healthy BMI and feel good about myself I guess I don't really care what the # is. I got that actually from my sister. I guess you could say she's my inspiration.

My sister was a cheerleader in high school and was always active. But then after she had her 3 beautiful children she also wasn't happy with the way she looked. She worked hard and after a lot of work she looks AMAZING! Her youngest is just about 5 and so, yes we all know it takes time. But she did it, and that's what counts. She and I are a lot alike, as anyone that knows us both will tell you. So seeing that she can do it, has definitely given me the drive to get mine under control. Especially before John and I decide to have baby #2.

So, thanks T for being my inspiration and showing me that it will take time, determination, restraint and hard work to get back to where I use to be. I know if you can do it, so can I.

So with that I am going to start my weight loss journal. I say journal more than a blog because I will be writing (I think) about what I have been doing. Exercises, things I've eaten, stuff like that. If anyone knows of any exercises they've heard about or they do themselves I'll try them out and write about how they work, I can do that. I am just down for anything at this point. Something to get me going, working out. Back in the day I did ballroom. I loved it! Still do, but now that I'm married, have a kid and I'm not in college it's difficult to find any place to dance. So here I go with trying new things. I'm not a runner and I'm going to put that out there right now. But I really will try.

I think I am going to start with the exercise I saw on pinterest, it does involve running, but it's small increments, so that will begin after January 1st. For now I am going to enjoy the holidays, getting my home ready for family over, my daughter's first Christmas, and being with family. Then I'll hanker down and get to it! Thanks to all, and here goes!

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting. I am happy to read and be apart of your journey. You will do great. T is so right, it's not the weight as a goal, but more the size. Good luck, have fun and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayna: We have two reasons we don't like to jog! And those two reasons hurt when they get bounced up and down. Stick to walking, but do it on a path that isn't just flat! That's my start off goal. I'd love to be able to hike up to the towers behind out home. Maybe next time you're down, and we're in better shape we can do it together. Thaks for getting me started. Love U

    ReplyDelete