Thursday, February 2, 2012

2 Weeks of Running

GO ME!

I am very proud to announce that this morning I completed 2 weeks of my 8 weeks of running!

It was hard today, and I have different thoughts as to why. Last week was easier on my body than this week. But here are some reasons why I think that is was. 1- I was getting to bed at a decent time last week. This week has been crazy with buying the new truck and having to go back and forth from the dealership in order to get things situated and finished. 2- I walked at home on my not very good treadmill on my days I wasn't running. This week on Tuesday and Thursday I spent one day having to go to the dealership because I accidently lost/left my ipod in the truck we'd traded in. And Thursday I decided to sleep in a little because I felt exhausted. And 3- I haven't been doing very well in the water department.

With that said, I pushed myself to finish running today. I know there were times when I just wanted to step off the treadmill and call it quits my legs were screaming, but I didn't and I am proud of myself for it. So now that I have accomplished doing it for 2 weeks, I have 6 weeks left! And I have also decided I probably will be coming to the gym every day from now on. On the days that I don't plan on running I could walk, get on the elliptical, and use the weights. I really should work on getting some tone in my muscles and also losing the inches.

Another thing I need to add to my list is the eating better. I was doing well in the beginning with adding veggies to our dinners at night. But I've found that once I get home from work and John gets home from picking up Jaylynn we're both exhausted. So we spend time playing with Jaylynn before we feed her and put her to bed. And usually shortly after she's in bed we're in bed. And can I tell you I miss her being in my bedroom with us, but it's nice not waking up every time she makes any movement or noise in the middle of the night.

So for week #3 there's some added goals. 1- plan our meals for the week tomorrow, so that I can do some shopping Saturday afternoon/evening and have everything I need for them. 2- plan what exercises I want/should do on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the work gym. Yes I know I still have Zumba at home if I don't feel like going in that early. Because I feel I need to get up and leave the same time John does if I want to get a good work out in, and have time to look presentable for work. So I'm gonna do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment