Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginning of a Journey

Today started what I hope to be a beneficial and rewarding journey. I spent the holidays thinking and planning what all I want to accomplish this year, and I am hoping that I won't fail myself. I have my loving husband cheering me on along with great family and friends.

For my birthday on Saturday I spent the last of my holiday vacation eating whatever I wanted. Sleeping, being lazy and taking care of my new baby girl. It was a great weekend. And well yesterday was still a holiday, so I started today. I was hoping to get a workout in, in the morning, but I'd slept in, then John left to go riding with his Dad. So I had to take care of baby girl while I got ready. She's been a little fussy, so luckily it was bottle time and she put herself to sleep. So I spent the day with my Mom. I really enjoyed that time.

Being with my Mom and baby girl just enjoying time together. It was a great day. So when I got home I promised myself I would do my zumba...and you know what I DID! Granted first I had to clean out around the living room so I could move freely, and then I had to get dinner in the oven, then I did my zumba workout while dinner cooked. I am starting out easy at first. I am doing medium intensity and short classes on the zumba wii game. I did do a high intensity and about killed myself on Christmas eve. So I'm doing it slow so 1-I don't hurt myself, and 2-I don't make it not enjoyable to do anymore. I'm pretty good at it though. It's nice that it is almost like latin ballroom dancing. Makes me realize how much I miss dancing.

So tomorrow morning after I send Jaylynn and John out the door I will stretch and do my Zumba work out. I figure if I do that in the morning and then maybe some weight training from P90X dvds I have at night I could slowly get myself into shape. I am hoping to lose at least 5 lbs a month. I want to keep it low and something reasonable that I think I can accomplish. I also want to make sure that I stick with this plan. I know that it is not just working out, which is a big thing for me to start doing, but it is also what I eat.

Now, I am NOT going to say that I am going on a diet. I won't do that. It's unreasonable for me to make John eat a diet when he doesn't want to. Now, John does want to lose weight too, so he's told me he will eat whatever I make, so instead of making what we eat a "diet", we have decided to watch what we eat, and how much of it. We are also going to try an in-cooperate more fruits and veggies into our meals. Granted I can't have a lot of greens (salads) because of the medication I am on, but I can eat things like green beans, peas, carrots.

While at my Mom's today she also gave me some good advice. Watch how much I eat, and also cut down on how much I put into my mouth as I chew. Now in cutting back how much I eat, I know that I will become hungrier more often. So that means more water. This has been non existence since I went back to work. So I will have to do better on getting my 8 glasses of water a day. There is just little things here and there that I know I can do and will do to help me reach my goal.

Now, it's not the number. Granted I would LOVE to step on a scale and see that beautiful number be what I have pictured in my head, but I want more to feel good about the way I look. I have pictures and pants to show me that I can be smaller. So in time I am hoping to be back down to that size no matter what the number on the scale is. I want to feel good about me, and feel like I can keep up with Jaylynn and other kids to come, when they're older and want to do more.

So here is to the beginning of the journey. I hope to be on top of writing an update once a day, but there might be times I can't find the time. So when I am able I will try. And like I have said before, if you have any exercises, recipes, comments to contribute that you think might help me I am MORE than happy to give them a go and tell you how they worked for me. I thank you for being interested in reading this. For taking time to listen to a woman who is unhappy with the way she looks and wants to do something about. I do this for myself, but knowing there is support and love out there cheering me on helps me to push on when I know at times it's going to be hard, or I'll be too tired. I will succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment