Friday, January 6, 2012

Not so much

Today I am feeling a little down on myself. For one, it is 6 days into the new year, and I have only worked out 3 times. And in those 3 times they were probably for only about 15-20 minutes each time. Ya see, I bought Zumba 2 for the wii because I miss dancing ballroom and I thought it would be something I would get into and be excited to work out to. I do, I really do. My issue is when....

Since John gets up earlier than I do, I get up with Jaylynn in the middle of the night. I don't mind, she usually just eats while she's sleeping and then I lay her back down when the bottle is gone. The issue is I can't sleep while she's eating, so it interrupts my sleeping and makes me exhausted when I have to wake up at 5-5:30am to get her in her car seat for John to take her to his Mom's. I should just stay awake and work out after he leaves, but I'm so tired I crawl back into bed until 6:30ish when it's time for me to get up to get ready for work.

Then when I get home I have to hurry and get dinner ready for John and I then take care of Jaylynn until she goes down for the night. Which, granted on a good day is about 8pm. But by then I'm tired myself and I don't feel like working out. A few days I did, and it made me too wired to go to bed. Plus, I heard you shouldn't work out at night before bed. I should look into why.

So my question is, when in the world do you work out? When is the best time when you have a family you care for and a full time job you have to be at? Huh?

My next issue has been snacking. At work, since it's still close to the holidays we have left over candy and it's SO hard to not steal a chocolate kiss as I'm walking by them. I even have a pile on my desk so that I have the good ones.

I NEED HELP!

I'm seriously wanting to cry! This extra weight I have packed on is making be depressed about myself. I don't feel sexy, I don't feel comfortable in anything I wear. I'm always in a jacket of some sorts because I feel it hides my love handles better. It's horrible.

Today while I was on pinterest I came across this blog http://www.runsforcookies.com/ HOLY COW! This woman went from 253 to 125 in 16 months! She was losing 10 lbs a month! I only want to lose 5, and it's seeming so difficult. SIZE, SIZE, SIZE! I need to some how get my portion sizes under control. Maybe a food log?

In talking on facebook about my weight loss journey one of John's cousins brought up a Body Bugg...I googled it...I WOULD LOVE IT! Granted it like $400, but right now it's on sale at Amazon for $205. That includes a 12 month subscription. If I had something that would log FOR me what I was eat, how much I was losing weight, all of that, maybe it would be easier to lose it? I'm not sure. But I'm losing confidence and determination to lose this weight, and fast.

IF ANYONE out there can PLEASE give me any type of help, I would GRATEFULLY appreciate it. I know I can be leaner. I know I can do this and lose weight and feel better about myself, but I also need help. John has been great about cutting back on what we eat and how much, but I need a work out buddy or something. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to certain friends and family that I KNOW would work out with me. But right now I can't move anywhere.

I need to find a solution and grasp onto some determination again before this goal goes out the window along with my health going down the tubes.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! We all have days like you are having today. Stay strong and just tell yourself you CAN do it! I know it will be hard, but just throw the stash of candy away, or let John take it to work. Just get it away from you. It is good to reward yourself though:) I bought my body bugg on KSL for $60. That includes the the arm band and the watch display. Also, I bought the subscription on ebay for $30 for 6 months. (instead of $50) I really have no asnwer for Super Moms like you who have to wake up with a baby at night and go to work. Right there, that is a workout! I would be exhausted!! You can log your calories on myfitnesspal.com That is a great site to write EVERYTHING you put into your mouth down. It really is a shock. The only way I can find myself working out is going to the gym. I hate working out alone at home. I am in your same boat. Losing weight is SO hard. WE CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing a 12 week program from Jamie eason you should Google her. i go at 5am to the legacy center Monday through Friday. its hard but. so far worth it. i eat really clean foods and she has awesome recipe on there as well. Working out at home is hard. do you have a treadmill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shilo - I will have to look into that. I didn't even think of looking there. And I guess all I can do is work out in the morning I think. I just have to let the power of wanting to be leaner over come the power of wanting to go back to bed.

    Lacie - I really do need to look into the Legacy Center, I live in Lehi...can't be that much right? But I do have a treadmill at home, but if you run on it, it sticks and you could fall on your face, so I don't use it. I need to actually get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay you can totally do it. You aren't alone girlfriend. I find a food journal helps a ton! Writing down what you eat makes you very aware. There are also websites out there that track stuff for you for free. I will have to remember where they are but I will let you know. My advice on exercise is do it first. That's what works for me, get out of bed and exercise before anything. Once I start in to my day I find a billion excuses not to do it. I'm not positive why you aren't supposed to do it at night, but I think it's something about waking up your system then putting it right to bed.

    ReplyDelete